Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 3 in Bali

This is the day we want to spend our day in hotel, to enjoy the facilities since we had paid so much on it and also go to the beach!

Before we could step on the beach, some ladies already pulled us aside to do manicure and pedicure. The lady asked me whether I want to have it under the tree or at the beach chair, what would you choose if someone asks you? Of course at the beach chair right? To my surprise, someone come over and collect money from us because we need to rent the chair! I was like, what the heck? Just pay him 20000 Rupiah ( around 8RM) and thinking we just need it for awhile.

It is not a while because all the people will come over to you and start selling stuff to you or offer their services to you. They are so annoying! I always wanted to plait my hair but I thought of doing it tomorrow before I leave but the lady keeps persuading me to do it today, so I did it. The tattoo guy came over and kept persuading me as well. I declined him at first because I think 50000 Rupiah (20RM) is too expensive but he keeps bugging me and willing to decrease the price to 25000 Rupiah (10RM). I did one on my back, it is a butterfly but he still insists that I should get another one, yes I am soft-hearted so I get another tattoo on my ankle, which is a hibiscus.


The Butterfly

Second tattoo


I wanted to go to Hard Rock to have a look so we planned to walk along the beach to get there but we couldn't find it so we stopped walking and we were tired after walking on the beach for an hour. We stopped walking, my sister went into the sea while I sun-bathed myself. It feels so good just lying there and relax myself.

Chilling On the Beach

I don't feel awkward lying on the beach with bikini since all the girls and women are wearing bikini at the beach and some even half naked. I don't think people will stare at us, just like what will happen back home. If you want to look at people, just put a pair of sun glasses on, so that you can look at them and they won't know you are looking at them.

Sun Bathing

We went back to the hotel at 1.45pm because we have a cream bath appointment at the beauty saloon in the hotel. The second appointment is our massage and spa at 4 o'clock. Yes, I am so enjoy myself being pampered. The spa centre is another fabulous place with traditional Balinese style of architecture. We gonna have a Natural Treatment which lasts for 2 hours. By the way, something funny happened on the way to the spa centre. The driver from the spa centre came over to pick us up at the hotel, he tried to talk to us and he asked me have I tried the "Babi Guling" (roasted pig) before, I said no and guess what, he offered me to eat it at his house! Balinese guys are desperate for girls! This is not the first time I encounter this kind of people in Bali.

Galuh Spa Centre

After the spa, we went for dinner. We are having Jawa food as dinner, it named "Flying Gurami" (flying fish). The food wasn't bad but taste a little too sweet. The tour guide told us that Jawa food is sweet while Balinese food is spicy. We have a set of dinner which includes rice, fried chicken, fried beancurd and some veggie and also one glass of Balinese tea and also a glass of coconut.


The Flying Gurami

The Set Dinner

After dinner we went to Matahari Square, which turned out to be a total disappointment. The shopping mall is as pathetic as the Bintang Plaza in Miri with no air conditioning. We should have go to Centro, the new shopping mall in Bali with seaview. My sister and I just walked around and still finding Hard Rock, the tour guide told us that we can reach Hard Rock by just going straight and yet we still couldn't find it. We walked all the way back to Legian Street to start our shopping spree for accessories and slippers because we tried to ask the price at Kuta and they are not willing to lower the price to as low as we got it from Legian, so we decided to buy at Legian.

On our way back, we stopped at Summer Chicks because my sister wants to look at the bikini again and suddenly "proof", blacked-out at the Legian Street. My sister was frighten and I was too but I didn't say it out, in my heart I was thinking, could this be the sign of warning before blast? We quickly walk into some shop that has back up supply of power, which is the Ripcurl and also I wanted to buy a bag from Ripcurl which I had spotted yesterday. Since I didn't buy him anything so I thought I can use the money to buy something for myself, which is the bag but too bad, the bag has no new stock and same reason, the displayed one was dirty.

We continue walking until we reached a shop where we bought 3 pairs of slipper from it yesterday. I remembered that guy was shouting at us and ask us to come back after we said the slippers were too expensive in his sarong yesterday, he looks so desperate for business. I thought of buying slippers from him again and he is selling accessory as well.

This guy is funny and stupid at the same time. He talks a lot when I asked him to give me discount. And yes, he is nasty and desperate too!

Me: Hari itu you bagi discount!
Him: Ya lah, hari itu saya lapar dan saya tak ada duit beli nasi bungkus mah...
Me: Oh... which mean you got a lot of money now la, I come back again when you are poor la

He then laughed and asked us to choose what we want to buy first, he will give us discount. We can choose to not buying them if we think it is expensive. When I asked discount for everything we had chosen,

Him: Ini tak boleh, ini mahal sebab buat drpd shell. Have to dive and get it from the sea...
Me: Bukan you yang dive kan?

Him: Ini mahal juga... ini buat drpd coconut. Kena panjat, nanti jatuh susah...
Me: Bukan you yang panjat, lagipun monyet yang panjat bukan orang
Him: Moneyt pun boleh jatuh
Me: ... tak kisah la!

I wanted to buy a photo album for Steff, so I asked him to bring me a photo album and he came back with an album with a heart shape on it.

Him: Beli ini la, I Love You mah...
Me: But I don't love you...

He talked nasty stuff to me too, there is this bottle opener designed in a cock shape, he keeps showing it to me and asked me whether I want to buy it.

Him: Ini you tak mau ke?
Me: Tak nak!
Him: Ini bagus tau... ini boleh buka bottle dan sini ada kenangan manis-manis *pointing at the cock*
Me: Letak balik! Jangan bagi saya tengok lagi! Kalau tidak, aku pergi!

He then faster out it back and dare not to show me again. Ended up, I get what I want, cheap stuffs, great bargain price. There is another guy who keeps tailing me in the shop and he was trying to help me with the necklace but I rejected him by saying I can do it myself. He even didn't help the other guy to search those slippers I want but just sat behind of me and looked at me. I couldn't stand that guy so...

Me: You bukan kerja kat sini punya ya? You tak payah tolong dia cari?

He looks so blur and looks like dreaming so I decided to con him a pair of slipper. I asked him to find a pair of pink colour slippers for me and I put it on the stack of slippers that already marked down on the paper that we use to calculate and remember the amount since we are buying a lot of stuffs.

I always love beads and sequin shoes and accessory and Bali is my paradise. Their hand made sequin and beads slippers are my all time favourite so I just keep choosing and without realization, I had chosen more than 10 pairs and still not enough because some of the design that I like doesn't have my size.

Luckily this shop is clean and I can sit on the staircase while waiting for them to find my shoes. They are so slow in doing stuff, I keep asking him to be fast because I want to go to other shops. After we paid him, we asked for free gift, LOL. He gave us two bracelets and he even introduce himself to me, his name is Harry and he asked us to come back again next time. I told my sister that I conned him a pair of slipper and my sister also told me that she had conned him two necklaces too because he touched her hair just now. My sister and I laughed once we got out from the shop, I enjoyed shopping in Bali and I am addicted to bargaining, it is so fun!

I count those slippers and accessories that we had bought after we got back to hotel but, it is not enough for souvenirs because most of them are for myself! I planned to get some again tomorrow before we go to the airport and I want to go back to the accessory shop which I been there on the first day because it has a lot of nice necklaces that Harry's shop doesn't have it.

Tonight will be the last night we in Bali, I feel so happy during this trip and I wished I could stay here for longer. I don't want to go home yet! Mommy gonna kill me if she knows!

No comments: